Speed up your workflow, reduce wait time, and get more done.
Whether you are doing an infield edit of 4K 16bit RAW footage, moving production files before broadcast, or producing multi-track high sample rate audio, the Thunder Rocket will beat even your internal storage in performance.
Delivering your data, faster.
For most media professionals, it is not the processor or graphics cards that are preventing you from working quicker, but the speed at which your files can be loaded, manipulated and transferred. With the Thunder Rocket, we have pushed this to the limit of the available technology.
Work on the go. One cable.
Palm-sized, and weighing just 240g (8.5oz.), it can be easily carried with you wherever you go. Create in the field and then begin the edit on the journey home.
Cool as a Cucumber.
By substantially reducing the thermal gradient between the interior air and our aluminium casing, we ensure that the Thunder Rocket is always functioning at a healthy temperature, eliminating the risk of overheating, increasing the life span of your drive and ensuring smooth performance, no matter how hard you work.
Thunderbolt™ 2Tethered to the SSD drive. Never forget your cable again!
RAW EditingCutting edge storage technology enabling RAW 4K editing
Boot Disk ReadySet up your work environment once then use on any Mac
Self SustainingBUS powered. No external power supply
Tried & Tested
Let’s talk specifics.
Weight & DimensionsHeight: 22mm (0.8") Width: 88mm (3.5") Length: 132mm (5.2") Cable Length: 260mm (10.2") Weight: 240g (8.5oz)
Storage256GB Samsung SM951 PCIe SSD
Hardware RequirementsComputer with Thunderbolt™ 2 Port or Thunderbolt™ Port
Finish6061 Black Anodised Aluminium with rubber outer bumper
- Does the Thunder Rocket require an external power source?
- No, the Thunder Rocket is bus-powered using the tethered Thunderbolt™ 2 cable, making it truly portable.
- What is the length of the Thunderbolt™2 cable?
- Is there a built in password protection?
- No, but it can be easily added with the Disk Utility app on Mac, or the Disk Management program on Windows.
- Does it require any extra software?
- No, the Thunder Rocket will appear on the desktop the same as any other external disk.
- Does it make a lot of noise?
- The Thunder Rocket runs silently because the heat pipe technology means that there is no need for a fan.
- Can the Thunder Rocket be daisy chained with other devices?
- Yes, but only at the end of the chain because it does not have any additional input ports.